At Gunvor, we are committed to the following principles and expect all who work in our business to act in accordance with them:
- Prevention of Injuries, Incidents & Occupational Illnesses: We believe that injuries, incidents, and occupational illnesses are preventable and that incident and near miss reporting and investigation are of fundamental importance in their prevention.
- Promoting Environmental Protection: By operating our business in the most efficient way we work to reduce the impact on the environment and the local communities that surround our operating entities. Our aim is to work in harmony with our surroundings and to provide economic benefit to local communities, our customers and suppliers.
- Compliance with Laws, Regulations & Gunvor Standards: We have clear safety, health, environmental, human rights and community expectations within our corporate governance structure. All Gunvor entities are required to adhere to these corporate expectations and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. We also aim to promote Gunvor expectations across our supply chain, where possible.
- Learning: We have programs in place that encourage learning from incidents. Although we are promoting a zero-harm vision, we understand that incidents can happen, but will do all that we can to avoid their repetition.
- Continuous Improvement & Commitment: High standards required in all areas of safety, health and environment require continuous improvement and commitment by everyone.
- Auditing, Monitoring & Corrective Action: We are committed to setting objectives and targets, auditing, monitoring, sampling and implementing corrective actions to ensure full compliance with our corporate expectations.
- Personal Responsibility: We all have a personal responsibility to prevent harm to ourselves, others, and the environment. Safety, good health and concern for the environment are equally important away from work and are encouraged.
Gunvor maintains clear safety, health, environmental, human rights and community expectations within our corporate governance structure. We aim for a zero incident approach: no accidents, protection of our staff and no damage to the environment.